Call it what you may. Whatever keeps our interest going is always debate-able. Some call it an obsession. Others call it a habit- going to the gym is a part of their day. It becomes a necessity- a therapy. Some, it is a hobby. They ENJOY it, THRIVE on it, and LOVE the push. In all honesty, in comparing interests, Triumph Fitness is no different than those whose interest is sewing, horseback riding, gardening, cooking, or running. Each person's hook is different. We all gain some sort of satisfaction within the mind and soul when we find that "thing" that we look forward to at the end (or beginning) of our day.
Here are 10 things I have learned since I started Triumph:
1. I eat- a lot. People at work think I am crazy as I munch on my raw broccoli while making copies and sipping my coffee and protein in my blender bottle. Cold chicken breast? Yep. That is how I roll.
2. This morning my collar bone was a tad sore- noticing just a bit of purple and yellow. Tender collar bones and bruising here and there is now just a part of my wardrobe. Wear them proudly as you master Chest to Bars, cleans, etc...
3. Always use the restroom before the workout. ALWAYS. Box jumps, slam ball tosses, double unders-
4. Soft hands? They still exist in this world? Hello callouses!
5. Crossfit is for everyone. Not every workout is a competition, just embrace training. Regardless of what you think- the weight you're lifting doesn't matter, the time it takes you to finish doesn't matter, and how many reps you complete do not matter to anyone else as long as you are doing YOUR best. We are always our own worst enemy. Don't hold YOURSELF back!
6. Bulky? What is bulky? No- we are not bulky; that just isn't Triumph. You have to lift like a body builder to be a body builder. At Triumph, we lift with form, scaled, rx, and everywhere in between. We have muscles- see that body that you are eyeballing? She lifts weights. End of story.
7. Listen to Your Coach. They know best- they program with purpose. It IS their job after all. So, stop the bitching and get to work. Don't like burpees- your coach doesn't care. Drop and do some more!
8. There is reason for mobility. It is to avoid injury. So work on it today, not tomorrow.
9. Be humble. There is a lot to learn at Triumph. Know that in every stage, whether a newbie or a long-timer, we are all still learning and need to be smart knowing when to scale. Be careful in the advice you give because no matter what level you are at- you are still a student. Leave the coaching to the coach.
10. There is no place like your second home. Yep, we practically live there and we consider members to be a part of our family.