No longer will there be the need to have or stop at the junk drawer. No longer will you need visit the “goodie” cabinet; you know, the place in the pantry that has entirely too much JUNK, right below the canned food you’ve had for two years. Instead those locations become what they really are - places to file work or toys for the family. Places to store a quick healthy snack for when you truly are in a hurry.
Most of our bodies, even if you don’t know you are eating it, crave and with no exaggeration are addicted to ---SUGAR. Here is some science, history, and the bittersweet truth about Sugar.
Is sugar bad for you?
Well…Heroin and Sugar are created through very similar processes of refinement. White crystalline sugar is an unnatural substance produced by industrial processes, similar to the process used in refining Heroin. This process is continued by refining sugar cane or sugar beets down to pure sucrose, after stripping away all the vitamins, minerals, proteins, enzymes and other beneficial nutrients. What are left are crystals, (C12H2O2), which are concentrated, unnatural substances that the human body is not able to handle, at least not in anywhere near the quantities that are ingested in today's accepted lifestyle. The average American now consumes approximately 115 lbs. of sugar per year. This is per man, woman and child.
When you eat processed foods, you have no idea how much refined sugar you are actually eating in any given day. A healthy digestive tract can effectively eliminate 2 teaspoons (8 grams) of sugar each day. A 12 oz. can of soda has 11 teaspoons (44 grams) of sugar.
Some reasons sugar does more damage than many other poisons or drugs are:
1. It’s in virtually everything we eat!!!
2. It’s considered a "food" and ingested in such massive quantities.
3. The damaging effects begin early; from the day a baby is fed sugar in its formula.
Even a mother’s milk is contaminated with it if the mother eats sugar.
4. Practically 95% of people are addicted to it to some degree or another.
Another reason that sugar is so harmful is that, like heroin, it is addictive. The habit forming substance is attached to us at such an early age it is no wonder there is such a seemingly dire need for it at times! Starting with sugar in baby's formula, people not only develop a strong taste for sugar but an insatiable craving for it so that they never seem to get enough. Outrageous amounts of sugar consumed, Americans in particular are told how they are the “best fed” people on the face of the earth based primarily from the quantities of food available to the masses. If we are talking about processed junk food - this is true.
If you examine the "foods" in any supermarket more closely and start reading labels, you will find just about everything contains sugar. Most of the foods are loaded with it - from cereals, to milk, to soups, to Healthy choice. Some cereals are as much as 50% sugar. We have stated that sugar is toxic to your health: that it is more damaging than all other narcotics combined; that it is a long-term chemical poison. Just what damage does sugar do to the human body? The list seems endless.
1. Sugar is a leading cause of dental deterioration - cavities in teeth, bleeding gums, failure of bone structure, and loss of teeth.
2. Sugar is a main cause of diabetes, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
3. It is a contributing cause of heart disease, arteriosclerosis, mental illness, depression, senility, hypertension, and cancer.
4. It has an extremely harmful effect in unbalancing the endocrine system and injuring its component glands such as the adrenal glands, pancreas and liver, causing the blood sugar level to fluctuate widely. It has a number of other extremely damaging effects on the human body.
Some of the other effects of sugar on the body are:
• Increases overgrowth of Candida yeast organism
• Increases chronic fatigue
• Can trigger binge eating in those with bulimia
• Increases PMS symptoms
• Increases hyperactivity in about 50% of children
• Increases anxiety and irritability
• Can increase or intensify symptoms of anxiety and panic in susceptible women
• Can make it difficult to lose weight because of constantly high insulin levels, which causes the body to store excess carbs as fat.
Here is your Challenge: Read your labels. If the label shows that the sugar content is more than 20% of the total carbohydrates, Do Not Eat It!